The ferocious assault faced by the Hindu society over the past 1400 years is certainly being met by the Hindus, even if by varying effectiveness, even if requiring significant improvement. The response is mounted on five prongs: military, spiritual, ideological/polemical, financial and political. Millions and millions of brave Hindus have fought over these 1400 years, on or more of these five prongs. My humble respect to all of them. In this series of posts, I will make my humble effort to add to the ideological/polemical effort. I am a small man, and I stand on the shoulders of giants such as late Swamy Chinmayananda, late Swamy Vivekananda, late Rishi Bankimchandra, late Rishi Aurobindo, late Sitaram Goel, late Ram Swaroop, Koenraad Elst, Sandeep Balakrishnan, Anang Pal Malik, Maria Warth, David Frawley, Dr. Mrinal Kanti Debnath, Ayyan Hirsi Ali, Waseem Altaf, Tufail Ahmad, and many others.
Hinduism is not proselytizing. We are not out there to prove to the Islamists or Christian evangelists that there religions are inferior to that of ours. We believe in ‘Sarva Dharma Samabhava’ – all religions are equal. Hence we will – we should – remain non-proselytizing. What a noble thought!
Is the Shloka (verse) depicted in this post from Srimad Bhagavad Gita, proclaiming the eternal nature of supreme Self, same as the below mentioned violent verse from Quran?
[Read more at http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/05/proof-islam-evil-violent-intolerant-straight-koran/#9yQYR45tiOfGwlrj.99 ]
- Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned “with unquenchable fire.” 3:10, 12
- Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17
- Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30
- Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14
- Those who fail to bear “good fruit” will be “hewn down, and cast into the fire.” 7:19
- Jesus will take “vengeance on them that know not God” by burning them forever “in flaming fire.” 1:7-9
- Jesus will “consume” the wicked “with the spirit of his mouth.” 2:8
- God will cause us to believe lies so that he can damn our souls to hell. 2:11-12
Stop saying, and believing, that ‘all religions are same’, Hindus! They are not.